Image

Image

Friday, December 3, 2010

12 Days of Christmas- Day Two

I'm going to be perfectly honest and say that I despise Black Friday. Call me crazy, call me a scrooge, whatever. I just don't get into it. Maybe someday when I have children who are wanting crazy expensive items for Christmas I will get into it, but not right now.
It's not the crowds that bother me. It's the traffic. I have a severe case of road rage, and I do not enjoy being bumper to bumper who couldn't drive correctly on a lazy Sunday, let alone on the busiest day of the year.
I honestly feel like people go a bit crazy on Black Friday. They lose all manners, will push anyone and everyone out of the way, drive like crazy, and basically have no sense for that one day. I saw on the news that women were literally camping out for a solid week leading up to black Friday. Who misses out on a week with their husbands, children, and family only to try and save a few bucks!? Makes no sense to me!
To sum my two cents up, my holiday shopping tips would simply be to get gift ideas early, have in mind what you are looking for before hitting the shops, and try to do most of your shopping on a weekday. Any weekday is MUCH better than on Saturdays, plus the store clerks are much more friendly and helpful due to less stress on those days! Also for your own sake and sanity, do not wait until the week of Christmas!
Happy December 3rd!

----KPG

No comments:

Post a Comment