Image

Image

Saturday, December 4, 2010

12 Days of Christmas- Day Three

Day 3: Most meaningful gift/best gift you've received

Probably the most meaningful gift I've ever received was diamond earrings that belonged to my great grandmother. I received this gift a few Christmases ago and wear them every single day. I love family history and inherited items such as these earrings, so these were a perfect gift for me.
Last year, a bit before Christmas time, I was given a sapphire brooch that belonged to my great grandmother and several diamonds from a watch that belonged to my great aunt. I decided to have a ring made out of the stones, and I get SO many compliments on it. It really is a beautiful ring, but more than that, it has so much meaning and history behind it.
So, those are my two most meaningful gifts. I'm sure there's something that's slipped my mind that was a fabulous gift, and if I think of it I'll come back and add it to the list. Gifts with meaning are always sure to make me smile!

---KPG

No comments:

Post a Comment