Image

Image

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12 Days of Christmas- Day Seven

Day 7: Holiday Craft/DIY (If you don't make anything, what do you WISH you could make?)

Welllll..... this has changed over the past few years as I have gotten older. But, my grandmother and I used to make cotton christmas ornaments every year. It was our little tradition, and to this day they are still some of my favorite ornaments. My hometown is literally cotton country, and my family owns and farms lots of cotton so it really means alot to us. Last year I had a Christmas shower with my friends from home, and my grandmother (Mops) made me a ton of cotton ornaments for my own tree in Memphis. Love it!
We also used to make macaroni angel ornaments, but these are much more time consuming and just don't last from year to year so we trickled this traditional craft out a few years ago.
These days, I am not home with my mom and Mops nearly as much to make holiday crafts with them and I don't have kids of my own to make crafts with yet. So, my holiday crafts tend to revolve around food! I am a sucker for truffles and make them every year during the holidays. They usually don't turn out as pretty as I would like, but boy do they taste good! And let's be honest, that's all that really matters! :)

I will do my best to post a picture of my cotton ornaments sometime after I finish this blogger challenge. It's a little crazy at work right now-- holiday parties, christmas pageants, etc. :)

---KPG

No comments:

Post a Comment