Image

Image

Sunday, December 5, 2010

12 Days of Christmas- Day Four

Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly holiday season

Well this is really my first year to have a big girl job and buy for both mine and Alex's family, and so far so good.
Alex has 3 other siblings who are all still in college, so for them we draw names. This helps a ton with both budget and sanity, because it is hard trying to figure out what the perfect gift for all of them is!
For my family, Alex, and his parents, I started early thinking of gift ideas for them. I bought as much as possible early when they were on sale. It really helps on our budget to spread out the spending on gifts over the course of several months rather then jumble it all in December! We are also going to New York the week before Christmas, so we are saving as much as possible for this fun trip!
Obviously I'm not a pro at budgeting for the holidays, but I'm doing my best! I can't wait to see others suggestions to become even better at this for years to come.

---KPG

No comments:

Post a Comment