Image

Image

Friday, August 6, 2010

317 thank-you's later....

... I'm finally finished! 317: that's the final number (as of now). That's alot of gifts. That's alot of thank-you notes. That's alot of ink. That's alot of blessings Alex and I have received. I've said this before, but I really am blown away by the amount of love and support we have gotten through our family and friends. I'm not just talking about gifts, either. I love reading the cards we've gotten and hearing others' experiences in marriage. We have gotten several books from people who have written us personal notes saying how the book changed their life and marriage. I cannot wait to sit down and read those books for myself. I know alot of marriage is simply "living and learning" for ourselves, but it also helps tremendously to hear from others and what they've experienced.
Okay, that's my babble for the morning. So yeah, 317 thank you notes. 317. Needless to say, I have gone through numerous boxes and types of thank-you's. I started out with just some informal "Kristen" thank-you's that I used for my Christmas shower (all of the guests were girls from my hometown), but I didn't get a picture of those.

{I used these for all of the gifts we received before the wedding}

{These were used to thank our helpers: Photographers, bridesmaids, etc. I also ordered extra of these to keep for the future!}


{These were used for the gifts received at the wedding or anytime after. I love these!}

I must say that Alex did offer on several occasions to help me with the thank-you's. We have gotten several thank-you's in the mail recently that the grooms have written. However, if you know me at all, you know that I am OCD about things like this and really just need to do them myself. I don't mind writing them at all, but I do have to get them written ASAP or I will drive myself crazy. I also am a little too particular about centering everything on the envelope, etc. As much as I appreciate him offering to help me, it's better for both of us if I just do them!

{He's grown more. What hasn't grown more is my hair}
See that long red hair in the picture above? Yeah, it's gone. I decided to be a little too brave on Wednesday and cut about 6 inches off. That's alot for me. Alex hardly even noticed, and my mom insists that I'm still in the "long hair" category, but it's much much shorter than it has been in a very long time. I'm so protective of my hair. I always love going to get my hair cut, but have a panic attack as soon as it happens. I'm sure Chanda (my hair girl) thinks I'm crazy. Heck, I think I'm crazy! The good news is my hair tends to grow at a record pace, so hopefully most people will be like Alex and not even notice.
My panic attack on the phone with Alex consisted of: "I look stupid." "I can't go to Bonefish tonight looking like this" "My hair is going to be short for the first Razorback football game." "I'm going to ruin our Christmas card picture!"
Wow, Kristen. Can we say dramatic? The next morning I got up and showered, and as I was blow drying my hair I realized "I actually kinda like this length!" Ta Da! I have finally seen the light!

{Alex's haircut was much less dramatic, and looks fabulous!}
Okay, I have got to get to the grocery store now. Bednar and Burg (Alex's friends from college) are coming to stay with us for the weekend, and my mom is coming up on Saturday to go "work clothes" shopping with me. So I'm getting the house picked up and making a few things for them to snack on!
Happy Weekend, ya'll!
---KPG



No comments:

Post a Comment