Image

Image

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

First visit to Kennett



Banks and I traveled to Kennett for a day trip on January 2nd, when he was just 2 weeks old.  We didn't intend on spending the night, but ended up staying because I was pooped!
However, our first REAL overnight trip to Kennett was January 19-22.  We had the best time!
Alex had a work trip to Des Moines during those days, so it was the perfect time for us to go visit everyone.  Plus, it was my grandmother's 73rd birthday on the 20th, so we were able to celebrate with the rest of the family (something that I get to rarely do since I'm usually teaching during this time of year).
My brother was also able to come home and spend two of the days with us.  I was so thankful that he was able to come and spend some time with Banks.  I never dreamed that Tyson could be so crazy about a baby, but he is! It is the cutest thing!  Banks is going to be one lucky boy to have him as an uncle.  I cannot wait for Tyson to take him hunting, fishing, and golfing with him in just a few short years.
My parents were so happy to have Banks and I (ooooor let's be honest.... mostly Banks) in Kennett for a few days.  It was so nice to see them.  I can only hope that they are able to see Banks as often as possible! I wish they lived closer to us.

We also had a nice surprise visit with Bill and Linda while in Kennett.  They just happened to be passing through on Tuesday, so we were able to have dinner with them on Tuesday night.  I am SO glad that they got to meet Banks at just one month old! What an absolute blessing that it worked out so perfectly for them to be passing through while we happened to be in Kennett!

It was a great visit, and I am looking forward to many, many more in the near future.

---KPG

No comments:

Post a Comment