Image

Image

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Banks- 2 months


Where does the time go?
I cannot believe Banks is already two months old!  We are enjoying him SO much, and love watching him grow each and every day.
Banks' 2 month measurements are:
Weight: 11.4 lbs.
Length: 23 inches
Head: 15 3/4 inches

The doctor is a little concerned since he has not gained very much weight in the past five weeks.  Instead of feeding him every 3 hours during the day, I am now going to feed ever 2.5 hours in order to squeeze in one extra feeding per day.  Hopefully, this will fatten him up a little bit!

He also got his first round of shots today. Not fun.



Banks slept in his crib for the first time on his one month birthday and hasn't looked back ever since.  He seems to actually enjoy his crib, and we are both much more comfortable in our own rooms. :)  He started the month by sleeping 6-7 hours each night, waking up for one quick 8-10 minute feeding, then sleeping for another 3 or so hours.  By the middle of this month, he started sleeping about 8 hours, waking up for an even shorter feeding, then sleeping for another 3 hours.  That's where we are right now, and I must say, it's a pretty nice schedule!
He is wearing size 1 diapers right now, but I can already tell that he will be ready to move up a size in no time at all.  The kid is an eater, let me tell ya.  He is now wearing mostly 3 month clothes, but can wear several 6-9 month outfits (depends on the brand and how many times it's been washed).
One of our main goals for this month was to get Banks to take a bottle.  I am still breastfeeding and pumping, but he would refuse the bottle.  This was cute and fine at first, but we are to the point of mommy needing some "me" time every now and then, and we needed someone other that myself to be able to feed him when I was away.  I have several upcoming appointments and plans, so the bottle was a necessity.  After buying literally every bottle that Target carried and ordering several more brands from Amazon, I FINALLY was able to get Banks to take a bottle on Wednesday, February 12th.  I was so thrilled and relieved that Alex and I went out to dinner to celebrate that night!  I spend two entire days working with him and trying to get him to take it, and it finally paid off.  Everyone kept telling me that it would have to be someone other than myself to get him to try it, but he simply refused the bottle from Alex, my mother-in-law, and several friends so I became desperate.  It worked though, and we are now smooth sailing!
During this month, Memphis had its first snow.  Therefore, Banks had his first snow! We bundled him up and took him outside for a little winter photoshoot to document the occasion!

We also had some very pretty weather this month.  Alex and I took Banks downtown one Saturday to enjoy the beautiful weather.  We ate at Pearl's Oyster House, walked by the Arcade, Lorraine Hotel, Civil Rights Museum, the Orpheum, and the Peabody, and simply enjoyed downtown Memphis.  I absolutely love going downtown and cannot wait to take Banks to Grizzlies and Redbirds games!
Banks got to have his first playdate with Ms. Kate Hill.  He slept for the majority of it, but woke up and played for a bit!
I cannot wait to watch this boy continue to grow.  It is such a blessing to have the opportunity to be his momma! Bless his heart, he's really started looking like me this month.


Until next time!
---KPG

No comments:

Post a Comment