Image

Image

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Banks- 3 months

We have a 3 month old! A happy, cheerful, beautiful 3 month old!
Banks has changed SO month this month.  He is much stronger, holding his upper body up with no problem.  He is still very alert, constantly looking around and focusing on certain objects that catch his eye.  He really enjoys laying on his play mat, and loves to be naked these days (typical boy!).
This month, Banks has started laughing, smiling, and cooing CONSTANTLY.  It is the cutest thing I have ever seen.  I seriously cannot wait for him to wake up each morning so that he will start making his wonderful baby noises. I can't get enough of it!
We are still in size one diapers for now.  I am anticipating us moving to size two diapers at some point this month.  It really depends on his weight gain.  We go back next week for a weight check, and I am hoping that we get good news.  We have altered our feedings slightly in order to minimize his spitting up and diarrhea problem.  It's not nearly as convenient, but his tummy seems to feel better and we are not having nearly as many blowouts as we were!
Banks is still sleeping 11 hours each night, but has slept for 12 hours the past few nights.  We are almost ready to begin the transition out of the swaddle.  Wish us luck... I am nervous!
UPDATE:
Banks went for his weight check today, and did not get the report we had hoped for.  He weighed in at 12 pounds, 3 ounces- in the 7th percentile for weight.  Our changes to our feeding schedule have not helped the way we had hoped.
Since he was 3 weeks old, I had been telling our doctor and nurse that I was concerned about Banks' spitting up.  I just thought it was excessive and not normal.  They ensured me that he was fine, and I brushed it off thinking I was being an over-the-top first-time mother.  During our appointment today, He projectile vomited ALL over he and I while the doctor was in our room. I was so thankful this happened, because she immediately prescribed him Zantac. Our hope is that this will nix the spitting up so that he is able to gain weight. Fingers crossed!

---KPG

No comments:

Post a Comment