Image

Image

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Banks' First Christmas

Banks turned one week old on Christmas day this year.  Needless to say, he was our most favorite Christmas gift we have EVER received.  While most, if not all, of our holiday traditions got pushed aside this year due to having a new baby and me having just had a c-section, this Christmas was truly amazing and one that neither of us will ever forget.
My parents were already in town from his arrival, so they were able to stay all the way through the holidays.  Therefore, we had our family Christmas in Memphis this year.  Normally, it would break my heart not to be able to go to Kennett for Christmas, but I was more than okay with not having to travel this year.  This was my very first Christmas in 26 years to not spend it in Kennett--- no Christmas Eve dinner, no Christmas Eve church service, no Christmas in Kennett, no Hallelujah on the Square.  But, I survived and honestly never thought another thing of missing all of these wonderful events!
Christmas Eve was actually a very nice, not too cold day.  Therefore, we were able to get out of the house and take Banks out to Alex's parents house for a Christmas Eve lunch and presents.  On the way out there, we stopped so that Banks could get his picture made with Santa.  Alex thought this was absolutely crazy, especially on Christmas Eve, with a 6 day old, but I didn't care.  I knew that in future years I would regret not having Bank's First Christmas picture with Santa.  So, we stopped and got it made.  And boy, we were not disappointed! Take a look at this bundle of cuteness:
I am a little obsessed with this picture and know that I will love and cherish it even more in the years to come.
After lunch, the three of us came back to our house and enjoyed Christmas Eve at home with my parents and brother.  We watched A Christmas Story and had a wonderful evening at home.
The next morning, we woke up to find that Santa came to visit Banks! I am so excited that we finally get to look forward to Santa stopping by the Griffith house from now on!
Banks was too busy snoozing to really care about his gifts from Santa, but at least we have it documented that Santa did stop by for a visit!
The rest of our Christmas Day was very relaxing and stress-free.  It was so nice to not have to travel or pack for a trip the next day this year.  Don't get me wrong, we've never cared about doing any of those things before, but we did enjoy this low-key holiday season at home this year!


 We hope that you and yours had a blessed Christmas as well.  We are so thankful that Banks arrived a little early and that we were all able to be home for our first Christmas together!

---KPG

No comments:

Post a Comment