Image

Image

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My first post! So I'm new to the whole blogging thing, but with graduation, moving to a new state, getting married, and starting a big girl job quickly approaching, I wanted a way for family and friends to keep in touch and keep up with Alex and I in our crazy lives!

So, I guess I'll start by saying that this whole long-distance thing isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have time to focus on school, get in shape for the big day and honeymoon, plan the wedding, and spend the next few months with my wonderful friends. Alex is focusing on his new job, which unfortanately takes up the majority of his weekdays! Poor thing. We are also in the process of remodeling our kitchen, so he is keeping the workers in line for me while I'm not there! :)

Obviously, wedding planning is by far my favorite hobby right now. All of the major things are already booked and complete, but there's always something new to play with! Last week, I started addressing the invitations (which takes FOREVER). Alex and I went to Kennett last weekend and met with the florist, so the flowers are done (thank goodness... I'm not a flower person at all, which kills my mother). If it were up to me, we would all be carrying a colorful margarita or something. I also got to go by the reception venue, which is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I am so excited about Kennett getting that place, not only for my wedding, but it's just a nice addition to the square!

This weekend Alex and I are going to Hot Springs to the horse races. Should be a wonderful weekend to just get away and relax after a week full of midterms and craziness!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

KP

No comments:

Post a Comment