Image

Image

Sunday, May 2, 2010

5 more days.....

So, I have only 5 days left in the wonderful town of Fayetteville. Sad. That's the only word I know to use to describe the way I'm feeling right now. Don't get me wrong, Memphis is great and I can't wait to start the next chapter of my life (especially with my fabulous fiance, Alex), but I have a strong attachment with Fay, and I honestly did not see myself leaving here after only 4 years. As my current favorite band, Lady Antebellum, says "She couldn't wait to get going, but wasn't quite ready to leave." Couldn't have said it better myself, Lady A.

So I sat in my living room floor and had a little emotional session today. That's right. Just me, my purple sleeping bag, and a Kleenex. After about 5 minutes, I was fine. But I needed those 5 minutes. I had just watched all of my furniture and the majority of my belongings be packed in the back of a big yellow moving truck. You know, the big yellow kind? Ugh. And it's not that I'm sad to be moving on. Believe me, I cannot WAIT to start living the married life with Al. But it's just sickening to see your first house so... empty.

Annnnnyway, that's enough of the sob story! On a MUCH happier note, that dreaded 15-30 page Senior page is finished! And when I say finished, I really mean I have to proofread it, but I'm finished writing and researching. The hard part is behind me. No more learning about imaginary friends (thank goodness, because I was beginning to create one for myself with so much researching about it!). I feel on top of the mountain for defeating that paper.

As for our new house, the granite is installed! I have yet to see the finished product, as I am stuck taking finals this last week, but I'm going nuts just thinking about how awesome it probably looks!

For the wedding.... Not much new going on. Getting response cards is great (keep up the good work, folks!), and looking forward to our engagement party in a couple of weeks. Other than that, we are pretty much finished!

Alex and Carpet Tech, Inc. are opening up a new location in Jackson, MS tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM. Being the wonderful fiance that he is, he drove the big moving truck in the monsoon on Friday to come pick up my furniture (took him 7 hours to make the trip due to the storms), drove the truck back to Memphis this morning and unloaded it, and is leaving for Jackson at 5:00 in the morning to get to Jackson for the opening. How exciting, but how exhausting! I am so excited for them and hope the expansion is well worth all the hard work Alex and the boys have put into it! Good luck, Carpet Tech!

I am doing my best to eat at all of my favorite restaurants this week before Sunday when I leave. Dumb and fattening, I know, but it's just something I need to do for myself. I am a very sentimental person and it makes to cope with the move better, so just let me be, okay!? :) So far, I have checked off: U.S Pizza, Orange Mango, Brenda's Bigger Burger, Mexico Viejo, Common Grounds, Noodles, and Pesto Cafe. Clearly we ate ALOT this weekend!

Well, I hope everyone has a fabulous week and survives finals! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment