Image

Image

Monday, May 24, 2010

I love me some Kennett, MO!

I've never blogged about my amazing hometown, but most of you know how much I love it. It's a tiny little place with not a whole lot to offer in terms of things to do, but I wouldn't trade my childhood here for anything. We have two types of food in Kennett: BB-Q and Mexican. Anything other than that, we head to Jonesboro or Memphis for! But, Kennett BB-Q cannot be beaten.... You Memphricans and Kansas City folks can talk all the smack you want, but just come on down to Kennett and you'll see for yourself! There's also something in the water in Kennett; we are the hometown of Sheryl Crow, David Nail, and Trent Tomlinson. That's right, THREE huge names in music!
So last Tuesday night, Sally and I attended the Trent Tomlinson benefit concert for the Delta Children's Home. Trent and Tracy Lawrence put on a fabulous concert at the Opera House (where my reception is going to be), and they had such a great turnout! Not only was it alot of fun, but the support of this town just amazes me.
Needless to say, I'm loving spending these last few weeks of my single life in Kennett. It's great to spend time with my family and friends, sleep in my "purple room", and enjoy wedding planning!
As far as the wedding goes, we had a WONDERFUL engagement party in Kennett last weekend. There was such a wonderful turnout and the party was a huge success! Instead of gifts, we sent out recipe cards with the invitations and asked each couple to write down their favorite recipe for me to add to my recipe box. I had so much fun reading through the recipes, and will have even more fun making them all in a few weeks!
This weekend is our Bachelor/Bachelorette Party!!!! YEY YEY YEY! Alex and about 16 other boys are going to Vegas, and 15 girls and I are spending the weekend in Memphis! We are so excited! My original plan was to go to Nashville, but the flooding forced us to switch to Memphis! But you know, it's not the place that matters, it's the friends that you're with!
Well, Happy Monday everyone! Have a great week!

--KP

No comments:

Post a Comment