Image

Image

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Banks- 7 months


It's hard to believe that we are now in our last month before I go back to work.  Where has the time gone!?  One thing is for sure- We have made the most of each and every minute of our time together!
Banks and I have done it all these past few months- snuggled, traveled. slept in, got up early, visited people, had visitors, laughed, cried, walked, ran, strolled, loved, learned, grown, taught, shared... the list goes on and on.  To say that the child is my pride and joy would be an absolute understatement.
This month has been a big month.
On 6/15, Banks got his first tooth.  On 6/30, he got his second. (both were bottom middles).  On 6/30, he tried his first solid food- Avocado.  He was definitely a fan!  On 6/3, he tried green beans.  Not. A. Fan.  At all.  He hated them.  We shall try again in the future.  On 6/7, Banks tried carrots.  He liked them pretty well.   On 6/10, he tried bananas.  On 6/13, he tried squash.  On 6/15, he tried peas and sweet potatoes (separately).
He is still in size 2 diapers and eating every 3-3 1/2 hours.
On 7/4, I got bit by a tick.  I removed in instantly, but it got infected.  I had to go to the doctor and get on meds to ensure that I wouldn't get lime disease or rocky mountain fever.  This meant that I could not breast feed.  We were leaving for a trip the next day, so I decided to end breastfeeding altogether.  I was so sad about this- actually miserable.  I was in alot of pain for the first 48 hours, but it turned out to be totally okay after that.  Banks adjusted quickly, we had a great trip, and I wasn't in pain!  I hate that I had to end breastfeeding before I was ready to, but I am so thankful for the 6.5 months we had together.
On 7/9, Banks took his first plane ride to Boston.  He was such a trooper! Over the course of the trip, he took 4 plane rides.  The 3rd one was a little rocky, but we made it just fine and Mom learned alot about traveling with children.  We had such a great trip- toured Fenway Park, Harvard, visited with my old friend Chelcie, ate great food, etc.  I really loved the time I got to spend with Banks, my mom, grandma, and aunts and cousins.  Such a great trip with lots and lots of memories made.  We even visited the site of William Blaxton's (an old relative of Alex's), home in Boston- super cool!
We plan to enjoy these last few weeks with each other before I start back to work.  I love my boy!

---KPG

No comments:

Post a Comment