Image

Image

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Banks- 6 months

It's very hard for me to believe that half a year has already passed with my baby boy.  How in the world is he already 6 months old!? One thing is for sure... it has been the most exciting, tiring, fun, and busy 6 months of my life! We have been so blessed.
 Banks and I started out his 5th month by taking a second trip to the beach.  This time, we went with 3 of my friends and all of their kiddos.  4 kids, 8 moms.... we had quite the crew!  We had the best time, and the other kids were so good to help with Banks.  I look forward to many more fun kiddo trips!
On our way to the beach, Banks and I stopped in Birmingham to visit Aunt Becca.  I love Birmingham.  Well, everything except the terrible traffic/road system.  We had a great visit with her... I'm not sure who loved our visit more, Banks or Becca!
We also went to the lake with my family this month.  Banks had been to the lake before, but this was his first time to get out on the water.  Although it was still too chilly for him to get in the water, he really did love riding on the boat.  He was such a good sport! It was a great weekend visiting with my mom and dad, brother and his girlfriend.
Banks and I got to spend an ENTIRE week in Kennett this month as well! I swear, the time was passes so much faster when we are in Kennett! The days zoom by and before I know it, it's time to pack up and head home again!  One of my favorite things about maternity leave has been my freedom to come see my family whenever I want or need to.  We have been blessed with this time so that mom and dad can see Banks alot more often.  We will miss this in the fall! :(
While in Kennett, we spent our days visiting, shopping, taking walks, and EATING.  So much eating.  I know we always say that Kennett has few restaurant choices and that is true, but I gain so much weight every time I come home! Something about that food just reminds me of my childhood.  I can't get enough!
We also took Bank's 6 month pictures while in Kennett.  I have only seen 2 sneak peeks so far, but I just know that I am going to love them all when they are ready! How fun to have his pictures made in my hometown!
This month, we also celebrated Alex's 28th birthday AND Father's Day... within 3 days of each other!  Banks and I had so much fun shopping and preparing for Alex's big celebration.  We got him a few clothes, baked him his favorite homemade strawberry cake, made him a Moosetracks ice cream pie, made him a Father's Day card (that he absolutely LOVED), took him out to dinner, and went to the zoo for Father's Day (as he requested)! We had the best time celebrating our sweet Alex!
I had a 2 day conference in June, so we took that time to have a "trial run" with daycare for Banks.  He went to the daycare at PDS where he will be attending in the fall.  He loved it.  They kept sending me pictures of him playing, and he had a huge smile on his face in every single one of them! It's safe to say that I was much more nervous and upset about leaving him than he was... and that's exactly how I would have hoped it would have been.  As long as he's content and having fun, momma will be just fine! I'm glad we did the trial run... getting us all ready and out the door by 7:00 was no easy task! I am so thankful to work at a school that offers a daycare right down the hall from me.  Not only is it convenient to not have multiple drop offs and pick ups each day, but I can go check on him at any time of day, see him if I need a little "Banks" fix, breastfeed/pump as needed, etc.  Plus, they take strolls in the baby buggy to come visit throughout the day! Blessed, blessed, blessed! Thank you PDS!
Alex and his company had a work party this past Friday night, which meant that all of our family babysitters were involved in that.  So, Banks had his first "true" babysitter! Our friend Katie came over and kept him.  I wasn't nervous at all... she is probably more qualified than I am to watch little ones! :) Alex and I had a nice evening playing dress up and enjoying each other's company, all while knowing our babe was safe and sound with Miss Katie!
Month five brought a few firsts:
Banks sat up for the first time on May 29th.
He cut his first tooth on June 15th.  Alex, his parents, and I all saw it and it stayed around for a few hours, then his gums swelled up back over it.  We are now waiting for it to come out and stay out!
He had his first real injury on June 14th.  He touched the hot iron and burned two fingers pretty badly.
We are still breastfeeding 5-6 times a day.  I'm still having to give him 3-4 ounces of formula (only once a day, at bedtime) to ensure that his needs are being met.  We have not started solids of any sort, but will probably introduce them within the next week or so.
He is still in size 2 diapers and wears 6-9 month clothing.
He LOVES bathtime.  These days, I just fill the tub with a little water and lay him on his back.  He kicks and coos and laughs and splashes the entire time.  He simply loves it!


We are ready to enjoy the rest of our summer before starting back to school/daycare in the fall!

---KPG

No comments:

Post a Comment